We are half way through #BlogEverydayinSept people! These past weeks I have shared stuff which I wouldn’t share otherwise like my childhood crush or first BFF, since it’s not my passion. And I am glad I did it. I hope those snippets shed a different light on me and bridge new friendships in the future.
Yesterday prompt was if you could drop everything and get on a plane for a two week vacation right now, where would you go and why?
I thought about it in the shower this morning. It would be New York City. The answer surprised me because I have never been obsessed with the USA, especially not NYC. It must have been my inner Carrie talking and this time I would follow her voice. I would:
- Take the Sex and the City tour.
- Snap a selfie in front of the Statue of Liberty.
- Go on a coffee date with Dr. Lahiri.
- Ride the subway, of course.
- Make new international friends.
- Eat NY pizza at a classic pizza joint.
- Visit 30 Rockefeller Plaza. I wonder whether Ken is still giving the tour?
- And dim sum in Chinatown.
- Stay in the Plaza for a week.. (would be cool to be Chuck Bass’s neighbor)
- ..and AirBnB it on the second week.
- Go on a walking tour or two.
- Satisfy my sweet tooth at The Sweet Shop NYC and The Doughnuttery.
- Flag a yellow cab and..
- ..Ride pass the Brooklyn Bridge.
- Blog from the Upper East Side.
- Have breakfast at Tom’s Restaurant (onion omelette and chocolate chip pancake).
- Lay on the grass at Central Park in Autumn!
- Take touristy pictures with Empire State Building as the background.
- Spend an afternoon in the Grand Central Terminal.
- Roam around the city while listening to Gala Darling’s podcast.
- Camp out at the Apple store for iPhone 6. Would I be too late for this? Is not out yet here in SEA.
- Hang out at the Time Square until midnight.
- Buy NYC snow globe as a souvenir.
I would walk a lot, explore the lanes, feed the ducks and try to absorb its vibe as much as I could. Now that I have written my imaginary to explore list in NYC, I hope the Universe will take me there. How about you, where would you go? Thanks for reading you guys, back tomorrow.